Collection of Information:
Information you provide or make available: We collect certain personal information to enable us in providing our services in an effective way. This information is regarded as personal identifiable information (PII) as long as it can be used to identify, locate or contact you. We collect information in different ways, depending on how you interact with the Site. Some information is made available by you for example when you register at the site, fill in online contact forms, verify your identity or background, subscribe to out newsletter, respond to our surveys, submit product reviews, provide feedback, contact our customer support directly or via social media, post on the open areas of the Platform as well when you make purchases on the site. Personal information we may collect in this way may include: name, email address and telephone number, date and/or place of birth, Tax Id, mailing address, social network information, billing and/or financial account information, identity information. Some of this information can be used to validate your identity to improve your verification status on Proper Guild. Verification is only initiated and information transmitted through your consent. The benefit of verification to you is increased confidence of our users and potentilly improved likelihood of you working with someone through our platform.
Company or business information: If you create a company profile with Proper Guild, we may require you to provide us with certain business information such as your company’s legal form, name, logos, brand name, and the type of services, goods or products as well as hypertext link to your company’s website.
Information from Third Parties: Proper Guild may also obtain information about you from third parties on the basis of business relationship or where you have granted such third parties consent to share your information. Proper Guild may track third party services frequented by its users and collect non-personal information about the type, popularity and relevance of such services or products to Proper Guild. Proper Guild is not responsible for privacy practices of third parties and we strongly advise that you review privacy policies of third party websites that you choose to visit.
Information from public sources: Proper Guild features an online service where users can apply to join or use our platform and/or connect social media profiles, personal websites or company profiles. When you apply to join or register at the site, we may collect information about you which is publicly available on social media, online forums, personal blogs or company website (referred to as “publicly available information”). Information from public sources shall not be considers as private or confidential.
Information from resumes and correspondence: If you submit, upload or send us a resume containing personal or biographical information (including name, address, date of birth, gender, photograph), we will collect such personal and biographical information contained in that resume or correspondence. In addition, we may store, use and modify such information as necessary, in accordance with our Terms and Conditions, so as to update, enhance or complete your profile or complement other information provided by you.
Use of Information Collected
We use information collected from users and customers for the following reasons:
- To provide members access to our Platform and Services (including delivery, improvement and personalization).
- To provide tailored projects and services to our users.
- To monitor site usage and verify that our Platform and Services are used in a lawful way and in accordance with our Terms and Conditions and other relevant guidelines.
- To ensure security of our Platform and compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Administer Proper Guild privacy policies and Term of Service or such other policies, regulations or guidelines which may be enacted by us.
- To communicate with our customers including for example in relation to account management, order delivery, customer support, feedback, surveys and, where applicable, marketing.
- To develop, maintain and improve the design, functionality and effectiveness of our Platform.
- Where applicable, to market and advertise our Platform and Services.
Lawful basis for processing of personal information
Proper Guild processes personal information on the following lawful grounds:
- Consent: If you choose to create a member account at our Platform and/or contact us directly, we will, on the basis of your consent, collect and use your personal information to provide website services, features and information requested by you.
- Performance of a Contract: We will process your information as necessary to perform or fulfil our obligations under any contract between Proper Guild and you or to fulfil any specific request made by you before entering into such contract.
- Compliance with Law: We may use, retains and transmit information about you if we are required to do so to comply with any legal requirement to which we are subject or in response to any lawful request or order by court, law enforcement or government regulatory authority.
- Legitimate Interest: We may use and share website usage data in our legitimate interest to improve our services including for marketing and advertising purposes. We may also use personal information to send communication, including marketing and promotional communication to you, in our legitimate interest if we believe that such information would be reasonably expected or beneficial to you having regard to the pre-existing customer relationship between you and Proper Guild. We will not use personal information under this legal basis if such use entail considerable risk to your individual rights and freedoms.
Web Beacons A Web beacons is miniscule transparent graphic image embedded on a web page to monitor user behavior upon visiting a website and track server log details like internet protocol address and date and time of visit. As opposed to cookies, web beacons are not stored in your computer or mobile device but embedded on the Site. Proper Guild uses web beacons to monitor site navigation, determine which content is relevant and/or how often the emails we send are actually opened by recipients.
Do Not Track (DNT) Please note that our website does/does not honor Do Not Track requests send by your browser. Where DNT functionality is enabled, our website may still deploy cookies or other tracking technologies. Please note that Proper Guild allows for third party behavioral tracking and advertising and Proper Guild cannot promise that such third parties will respect your browser DNT request.
Information sharing and Disclosure Please note that Proper Guild does not sell, rent, and lease your information. We also do not share or disclose any of our customer’s data or information to third parties unless you expressly consent so or unless we are required to do so to comply with the law or provide specific services requested by you. Where we have lawful reasons to transmit information to third parties, Proper Guild will take measures to make sure that relevant third parties comply with personal information protection obligations outlined in this Policy. Proper Guild may also have to share your personal information only if required to do so in accordance with applicable laws so as to:e laws and/or in a good faith belief that such action is required or deemed necessary to:
- Comply with any decree, laws and/or statutes orcourt process;
- Facilitate the detection, prevention or investigation of criminal activity
- Maintain, safeguard and/or preserve all the rights and/or property of Proper Guild or other users; and
- Perform under demanding conditions in an effort to safeguard the personal safety of users of properguild.com and/or the general public.
- Administer Proper Guild privacy policies and Term of Service or such other policies, regulations or guidelines which may be enacted by us.
- Deal with any legal proceedings against Proper Guild or in connection with obtaining legal advice
- Facilitate merger, acquisition or corporate restructuring of Proper Guild by any business enterprise.
- Facilitate the provision, delivery or service management for Proper Guild by our affiliates and partners.
- Advertise or promote content, materials or services that we think may be of interest to you.
To ensure the protection of personal integrity, Proper Guild shall take reasonable endeavors to maintain adequate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to information we hold about users so as to protect it against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification. We have also adopted measures to pseudonymise and anonymize online identifiers such as IP addresses and cookie identifiers as well to prevent the combination or association of online identifier with personal information in a manner that could reasonably ascertain your identity as a specific individual. Proper Guild also uses standard Transport Layer (TLS) technology to encrypt personal and financial information entered or submitted on or through the Platform in an effort to build users' trust and confidence in the internet and website use by providing simple and secure access to our Platform.
Data Retention Proper Guild may retain personal and other information about users for as long as necessary to provide services or products requested by you and in accordance with applicable laws including for example for tax audit, accounting, labour law compliance purposes. We will only retain information for longer than the maximum period allowed by the law and in any case for no longer than 12 months. To accomplish this aim and ensure compliance with data retention obligations, Proper Guild has put in place a comprehensive Data Retention Policy.
Your individual rights Please be aware that US privacy laws not provide categorical rights in respect of access, rectification and deletion of personal information we hold about users. If you are concerned that information we hold about you is out-of-date, lacking or incorrect, please contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help to update your information. Customers and user located in the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) have the following data rights in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- Access and Control: You have the right to access information we hold about you and to request a copy of information concerning kind and categories of information processed by us, the purposes for which data is processed and a list of third parties to which your information has been or will be disclosed.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: If you have provided consent to the processing of personal information, you have the right to withdraw such consent any time.
- Rectification: Where information held about you is incomplete or inaccurate, you have the right to demand the rectification of such information so that is complete and accurate.
- Right to be forgotten/Right to Erasure: You have the right in certain circumstances to require the deletion of personal information we hold about you including for instance where processing is unlawful or where consent to processing is withdrawn.
- Objection to Processing: You have the right to restrict or object to the processing of personal information for direct marketing or automated profiling purposes.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to restrict processing of your information including for example where such information is inaccurate, or where processing is unlawful, or where there is reason to believe that Proper Guild no longer need the information.
- Data portability: In accordance with the GDPR, you have the right to obtain from us personal information about you which you have provided to us and we will supply such information in a structured, machine-readable format. You also have the right to ask us to transmit your information to any other data controller of your choice and on the basis of your consent.
If you use Proper Guild mobile application, we may track your fine and/or coarse geographic location using Global Positioning System feature in our Mobile App. When such feature is enabled, Proper Guild will provide information on how it is used and to whom does it apply.
Social Network Authentication
To simply Site access and log in, Proper Guild provides the ability for users to log in using information from existing social networking services. You may also link your social network account with Proper Guild and share details of user social network account to us or otherwise allow our platform to access your social network account. If you log in to Proper Guild using social networks services like Facebook, Twitter, Skype, WhatsApp etc., we may collect your personal information including user names, account number and/or account authentication token.We may also use social network information to verify your identity by evaluating profile information and friend list. You represent that you are the rightful owner of such account and agree Proper Guild may collect personal information from the connected social network account.
Proper Guild uses Braintree to process payments for products, goods and/or services offered through our Site. Proper Guild believes that BrainTree offers spot payment processing which is secure for your personal or company financial information. When effecting payments, such information is processed and transferreddirectly to Braintree over a secure and encrypted internet connection so that it is not readable by third parties. We will receive notification from Brain Tree when payment is cleared or completed.
Text Messages and Calls
When you provide Proper Guild with your mobile number, you expressly agree that we may use your mobile number for calls and texts so as to enhance our platform, inform you regarding your registration, inquiries, claims, service orders, productupdatesor service interruption as well as simplify the performance of our obligations in relation to you. You hereby agree to receive such messages or calls and that Proper Guild shall not responsible for data charges that may apply. You can choose to opt-out of receiving such text messages or calls by changing your notification settings in your Proper Guild profile or by contacting us at email@example.com. Where text message functionality is provided, Proper Guild uses appropriate provider to process such text message communications.
Children Under Age of 13
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Proper Guild does not knowingly market to or collect personal identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is permanently deleted from our system's database. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parental or guardian consent to use this website.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out mechanism
All users to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communication from us and/or reserve the right to discontinue receiving communications by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our communications please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your wish to unsubscribe. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third party websites, you must visitthose websites to unsubscribe and/or opt-out.
Links to Other Web Sites
Job / Project Listing
If you opt to post a project or job listing on the Proper Guild Platform, such listing will be publicly visible through the Platform. Proper Guild provide the ability for users to include adequate details on any particular listing including where applicable company name, services or product descriptions, budget, details of previous job listings, customer reviews and feedback, physical address, location and/or contact information.
We welcome feedback from users about their experience with Proper Guild Platform and/or services. All feedback is publicly accessible on our site and we strongly advise you not to include any sensitive personal information in your feedback.
Your Choices and Consequences of no Providing Information
Please note we collect information to be able to provide and improve our services. If you do not provide information which is required to access or use a particular service or feature of the Platform, you may not be able to access or use that service or feature of the site.
Proper Guild does not collect or transmit health or protected health information subject to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Proper Guild is not a HIPAA covered entity.
Acceptance of Terms
Personal Data Breach Notification
In the event of personal data breach that is likely to result in a risk to your individual rights and freedoms, Proper Guild will, as soon as practicable, notify you of the nature of the breach, the probable consequences of that breach and the measures you can implement to mitigate the possible consequences of that breach.
How to Contact Us
P.O. Box 116
New York, NY 10024
Phone: (972) 755-9894
Last Updated on January 1, 2019